3503 High Point Dr N Suite 270, Oakdale, MN 55128

Total Revenue
Total Expenses
Net Assets

Organizations Filed Purposes: Cancer Legal Care's mission is to engage the law to resolve the complex challenges facing people and communities affected by cancer. Since beginning to provide services to the Minnesota cancer community on October 1, 2007, to date, Cancer Legal Care's various programs have provided over $11.1 million in free legal care to over 9,900 Minnesotans affected by cancer.

Cancer Legal Care (CLC) engages the law to resolve the complex challenges facing people and communities affected by cancer.

2019 was Cancer Legal Care's (CLC) biggest year in terms of clients served, program expansion, and organizational growth. The Legal Care Program (LCP), our largest combined program, provided free legal services to a total of 628 Minnesotans who had a combined 804 different legal matters. These numbers represent an increase of 14% and 18%, respectively, over clients served in 2018. The biggest areas of needed legal care were in estate planning, Social Security Disability Insurance, and housing/financial issues. As has been the trend for the last few years, a growing number of clients are coming to us for legal care when they are living with Stage IV cancer. In 2015, 26% of our clients were Stage IV. In 2019, 45% of our clients were living with Stage IV cancer. Each and every client who contacts CLC meets with one of our staff attorneys--either in person or over the phone. For 79% of our clients in 2019, this consultation provides all of the legal care needed to address and answer the client's questions and concerns. The other 21% of our clients need additional legal care, most often in the area of estate planning or guardianship planning for the care of their minor children. (Continued on Schedule O)

By getting information prospectively, people are more likely to reach out for help at the outset of their legal issue and from a more proactive stance. Over the years, CLC has made 167 presentations attended by 5,928 cancer patients, caregivers, and healthcare and legal professionals. In 2019, Cancer Legal Care conducted 20 presentations attended by 391 cancer patients, survivors, their loved ones, health care providers, and community members. Presentations were made as part of Susan G. Komen's Midwest Metastatic Breast Cancer Conference, Midwest Lung Cancer Summit, Breast Cancer Educational Association, as well as specific cancer support group meetings and health care provider staff educational meetings.

In 2019, CLC held 12 legal clinics onsite at community partner locations including the African American Breast Cancer Alliance, Gilda's Club Twin Cities, Coborn Cancer Center in St. Cloud, North Memorial Cancer Center, and Park Nicollet Frauenshuh Cancer Center. A total of 60 clients were seen at these legal clinics and 84 separate legal issues addressed.

Executives Listed on Filing

Total Salary includes financial earnings, benefits, and all related organization earnings listed on tax filing

NameTitleHours Per WeekTotal Salary
Lindy Yokanovich EsqExecutive Director/ Board Member50$117,122
Amy Spomer MdBoard Member3$0
Thomas R Smith MdBoard Member3$0
Amy SheilBoard Member3$0
Paula Montgomery EsqBoard Member3$0
Melissa LundquistBoard Member3$0
Catherine LondonBoard Member3$0
Jennifer KuyavaBoard Member3$0
Adam KintopfBoard Member3$0
Pete EichhorstBoard Member3$0
Rhonda ChakosBoard Member3$0
Howard Bolter EsqBoard Member3$0
Greg MooreTreasurer and Board Member5$0
Peter Carlson EsqSecretary and Board Member5$0
Jada PiriusBoard Chair and Board Member10$0

Data for this page was sourced from XML published by IRS (public 990 form dataset) from: